Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Lincoln Park Conservatory

This past weekend was my first weekend in the city without someone wasn't staying with me. I figured I would have a low-key, adventure-less weekend but then again, does anyone really plan on adventures?
Saturday afternoon, I settled in at the park with my book. After a while, I became distracted by the multitudes of touristing families trying to take skyline selfies and began looking at everything around me. I realized that despite coming to this park multiple times a week, I had never visited the building at the end of it: the Lincoln Park Conservatory. See where I'm going with this?


Walking in, it's hot, stuffy and the air felt heavy. My inner Hobbit was prepared to turn around and return to the comfort of my bench but I went through anyways and I can't tell you enough what a good choice it was. 





My 10 year old self would have loved this and would have promptly gone searching for dinosaurs.

Did I say 10? I meant early-twenty year old self (aka me today).












 
I ended up walking around the conservatory twice. It's beautiful, serene and surprisingly relaxing. If flowers and planets aren't your thing, the fern room is something straight out of Jurassic Park so it's totally worth it just for that alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...