Saturday, June 7, 2014

Sushi and Sunsets

My first week in Chicago was a whirlwind to say the least. Between work and setting up my apartment, I haven't had too much time to unwind and see what's around me. So when the weekend finally rolled around, I invited my fellow Chicagoland newbie, Lauren, to come to my side of town to explore. 

 We didn't get back from work until late in the evening so we grabbed a (much needed) large bottle of wine and wandered to the nearest park to watch the sun set and the skyline light up. 

 A while later (half a bottle to be exact), we left the park in search of food. Sushi was decided on  (I say that like there was any other option, when, honestly, there never is) and ended up at Ponzu in Lincoln Park.

We got there late so the place was mostly deserted but the sushi well made up for the lack of people.  



This face says it all.  



 For my first weekend night in Chicago it was surprising low key but just what I needed after a long week of work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...