Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Kitchen Challenge - Fruit For Breakfast

I've been in a food funk recently. Every day I was eating the same things and was seriously bored with it all. What's a girl to do? Create a challenge!
I decided to challenge myself each week when I'm at the grocery store to buy things that I can make a different way each day that week. What was the inaugural challenge you may ask? Well, well, well my friend it was none other than fruit for breakfast. 
How can you change that up (so full of questions today)? Check this out:
What you need:
-Bananas
-Strawberries
-Blueberries
-Non-fat greek yogurt
-Oats
-Peanut butter
-Honey

1. Breakfast banana split
Slice a banana down the middle (don't cut it all the way through) and fill with peanut butter and fruit. Top with yogurt. 




2. Yogurt and fruit parfait
Layer yogurt, oats, banana coins, cut up strawberries and blueberries



3. Banana Peanut Butter Ice Cream with fruit
Make banana ice cream (instructions here) and top with blueberries and cut up strawberries



4. Yogurt, fruit and honey
This is the left over day where you throw together everything you have left. It's not pretty but it's delicious. 
Mix honey in with your yogurt then add banana coins and blueberries

I was running late one day so only got to make breakfast four out of the five work days but let me tell you, they were all amazing! I'm totally pulled out of my food funk and making fun breakfasts is a great way to motivate yourself to get out of bed and start your day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...