Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Sunday in the City

What I've come to realize since moving to Chicago is that alone time in the city is much different than alone time at home. In the city, there are so many places to go and so much to see that being alone doesn't make you (or, me at least) feel lonely in the slightest. In fact, I love spending the day alone on Sundays. Or, it may be just because I love Sundays in general (everyone out on the street, the smell of toast, eggs and coffee floating out of every restaurant, the feeling of no responsibility). 
So, to give you a peak, here is what this Sunday was like for me:

I woke up early and headed to the beach






Took a walk through the park 






Changed into my most fashionable city gear to go run errands





Stumbled across the Pride Parade
I had forgotten the parade was Sunday and was so excited to stumbled across it. It was a fantastic celebration where the streets were closed and flooded with people in their best Gaga inspired outfits to celebrate love and life. 






I can't think of a better way to spend the last day of the weekend than wandering around and relaxing as you prepare for the upcoming week. Thankfully, this is a short, four day week, unless you're one of those lucky people who took vacation time to make it even shorter. In that case, I'm very jealous of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...