Thursday, July 10, 2014

Tuesday Surprise

When I decided to move to Chicago, everyone I talked to told me what an adventure it is moving out to a big city on your own. I heard so many great things but no one told me how lonely it can be at first. The truth is, it's hard to meet people in a big city and when you work in a job where you don't interact with people much, it's very easy to feel completely alone. So when I got a text yesterday saying there was a package for me at my front gate and came down to see my Dad standing there grinning, I honestly could not have been happier. 
It took me a while to get over my surprise but when I finally did we headed over to the Pasta Bowl on Clark to grab a beer, dinner and catch up.







Boom! Check that out! There's enough green on there to make it healthy, right?



The owner is from Michigan so they put the end of the Tigers game on for us to watch as we topped off our pizza (see the accomplishment above) and beers. 


After having the most horrible day, I couldn't have asked for a better surprise. It's amazing how one familiar face can make you feel worlds better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...