Monday, August 18, 2014

Celebration at Cafe Brauer

Lauren and I made a pact to each other at the start of the summer that when we each moved on from being interns to full-time employees we would have a celebratory meal. Well, guess what? I'm officially a real adult working girl. It's kind of strange saying that out loud. Being an intern could let me deny my impending adulthood but now having a full time job, I guess I have to accept this? Nope! That's not going to happen. Anyways, as I was saying, I got the news last week and I told Lauren that for the celebration I just wanted a place I could sit outside with a glass of wine and enjoy the summer. We ended up going to Cafe Brauer right outside the Lincoln Park zoo. The cafe sits right at the start of the boardwalk with a great view of the downtown skyline. Do I even need to tell you I was on cloud 9?













I don't know what I love about celebrations more. The food or having an excuse to dress up! (My dress - link here). 




No longer is Chicago my summer home, now it's my permanent home and I really couldn't be happier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...