Friday, August 15, 2014

Chicago, Chicago I'll Show You Around

I had such a great time during my fear day last week that I decided to have another one this past weekend. Can you take a guess where I went? 
Oh, yes. I decided to get to the top of the Navy Pier Ferris Wheel . . . Dauntless style. Okay, so maybe not Dauntless style but I did ride to the top. The Navy Pier ferris wheel is 150 feet high and was fashioned after the world's very first Ferris wheel which constructed for the 1893 World Columbian Exposition in, you guessed it, Chicago. 





Now, before you go any further with this post, I insist you put this song on in the background (click here). 


















I exited the gondola with shaking legs and the biggest smile on my face. I think I loved this more than the Willis Tower. It's a more private tour of the skyline. You and whoever you're with get your own gondola and you don't have the rush of getting your picture and then getting out of the way like at the Sears Tower. There's music and fun Chicago facts playing over the speakers and, unlike most Ferris Wheels, this one doesn't stop so it doesn't rock back and forth. It's still pretty scary but totally worth it! Oh, and there's a Haagen Dasz right around the corner so you can get a treat for being brave! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...