Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Kitchen Challenge - Salads

My kitchen challenge this week may have been my favorite to date but my pictures, not so much. I decided to try out different salads for lunch each day. It was my favorite because it gave me something to look forward to half way through the day and then kept me happy for the rest of it. The thing is, I make them the night before so I don't have that nice, natural morning light to work with. Oh well, take my word for it that they are all awesome and you should definitely give them a try.  


What you'll need:
- Romaine lettuce
- Tofu/Chicken (sautéed and cubed) 
-Strawberries
-Blueberries
-Avocado
-Peach 
-Onion (diced)
-Tomato (diced)
-Soycutash (sweet corn, red pepper, soybeans - found in Trader Joe's frozen section)
-Dressing - Trader Joe's Sesame Ginger and fat free Balsamic Vinaigrette 

1. Romaine, peach slices, onion, blueberries, Sesame Ginger dressing



2. Romaine, strawberries, tofu, avocado, Balsamic Vinaigrette 


3. Romaine, tofu, avocado, strawberries, tomatoes, soycutash, Balsamic Vinaigrette



4. (My favorite) Romaine, diced avocado, tomato, raisins, onion, tofu, Balsamic Vinaigrette 

 Despite the photos, these are seriously delicious. So good in fact, I bought the same things this week at the grocery store to make it all again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...