Thursday, August 7, 2014

Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies

My name is Caitlin and I am here to put the rumors about me to rest. It's true, I love healthy food. *Crowd gasps audibly* I know, I know, the big H word is taboo but I've loved fruits and veggies ever since I was little. On that note, I feel like I should mention, I also have a wicked sweet tooth. I come from a family of sweet lovers (especially chocolate) who are known for having a personal drawer of hidden treats. 
My sweet of choice: ice cream (fun fact: I have a never ending stomach when it comes to ice cream. I've been thinking of putting that on my resume)
My mom's choice: homemade chocolate chip cookies. Every time I come home she gives me puppy dog eyes and asks if I'll make her a batch. 

My chocolate chip cookies are world famous. Well, at least according to my family but that's all the evidence you need, really. My recipe is standard (posted at the bottom). The secret is in the baking. 


The key to the perfect cookie: you half bake them. I always bake mine at the very minimum amount of time (8 min). If the bottom of the cookie is golden then you're golden. Take them off the baking sheet (they'll continue to bake - don't worry) and set them out to cool. 






Perfectly soft, melt-in-your mouth chocolate chip cookie. 
If you want to lick the screen, I won't judge you. 

Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe:
  1. Heat oven to 375 F
  2. Beat 1 cup of butter, 3/4 cup granulated sugar, 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar and 1 tsp vanilla extract in a large bowl - mix until creamy
  3. Add eggs and beat well
  4. Stir together 2 1/4 cup flour, 1 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp salt - gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended
  5. Stir in chocolate chips (sem-sweet are my favorite) -don't be stingy, add the whole bag
  6. Drop balls of cookie dough on cookie sheet and bake (8-10 min)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...