Saturday, August 16, 2014

Stranded at Union Station

I'm currently blogging from an Amtrak train speeding through fields in Indiana. First of all, wifi on a train! Cue celebratory combined fist pump/jump.

If today had gone the way I had planned, I would be an hour away from a huge mom hug but as is typical in my life, things didn't work out the way I planned. Thanks to the rerouting of buses in Chicago due to the Air and Water show, I missed my original afternoon train. Are you envisioning Caitlin sprinting through Union Station and hassling the Amtrak worker to let her get on the train? Well, you should be. 
If you know me, you know how this story sums up my life and believe it or not (but I'm sure you do) this has happened to me before. My first time ever taking a train when I was in Rome my friends and I realized that the train number we had been staring at on the timetable was the wrong one and the train we were on actually left in two minutes. We sprinted down the platform hurtling over suitcases to get to our train just as it pulled away. 
Needless to say I had plenty of time to sit and appreciate Union Station. Take a peek:













Up until I was 18, I had only ever read about trains in Harry Potter. However, I've read the books so many times that I feel like I've been traveling on them since I was a little girl. I love train traveling, even if it's not in a scarlet steam engine but if you put the soundtrack on and close your eyes, you can almost believe it is

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...