Friday, August 8, 2014

What's Coming Will Come

August has always been my least favorite month of the summer. Not even mentioning the fact that it's seriously hot, it always serves as a reminder that days of endless ice cream, being outside and staying up late were almost over because school is right around the corner. 
I may not be in school anymore but this August is still the worst month of the summer for me. It's full of uncertainty. My mind is focused on a lot of "what if this happens" or "what will I do if that doesn't happen" and while I try to live by the immortal words of Rubeus Hagrid - "what's comin' will come and we'll meet it when it does", sometimes it's easy to get lost in the stress of it all. 
Instead of sitting around worrying about what the future will bring, I decided to do what any rational, twenty-something year old would do: have a fear day (that sounded a lot better in my head). I decided to go out and do something that completely terrified me under the logic that if I can get through that, I can get through anything. 

When Sunday morning rolled around, I woke up early and marched myself downtown to do the one thing I had said I would never do - go out on the Willis Tower Skydeck.





 











The Willis Tower is the 8th tallest building in the world (the tallest in the Western Hemisphere) and the Skydeck is the tower's observation deck. Fun fact: it is the highest public viewing area in the United States sitting 1,353 feet above the ground.

You exit the elevator and right there in front of you are the most incredible views of Chicago you will ever see. 







It's all fun and games until you get to the ledge. Glass above you, to the sides of you and a glass floor. Cue sweaty palms and shaking legs. 






 I couldn't do it - that's just me photoshopped. Just kidding! I totally went out and it was terrifying and amazing at the same time! It made me fall even more in love with Chicago and eased my stress with the upcoming month. August, bring it on! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...