Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Holy Name Cathedral

One of the biggest things I took away from my study abroad experience was a love for beautiful churches. I I spent a lot of time wandering around and popping in and out of churches, chapels and basilicas because, in Rome, there's practically a church on every corner. Even during my two trips out of the country, I visited churches (Wistminster and Notre Dame). I love the sense of peace that comes over you when you walk in the doors. The quiet, the artwork, the walls lined with candles and how everyone has these personal, reflective moments surrounded by others. The other day I came across a photo of this beautiful church on the internet. I found out it was located just downtown on State street and I decided I had to go see it for myself. 



 










I didn't get to experience mass but if you're interested, you can find mass times here. Even if you're not a religious person, it is well worth a visit because the Cathedral is breathtakingly beautiful and if you do check it out, be sure to tell me what you think of it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...