Friday, September 19, 2014

Vegetarian Chicken Noodle Soup

Almost 5 years ago, I gave up meat completely and have never looked back. However, there are a few of my very favorite foods that I do miss (oh man, tacos). One of my absolute favorites was chicken noodle soup. Curling up on the couch with a bowl of chicken noodle and a long book was one of my favorite things ever. Can you imagine my excitement then when I stumbled across a vegetarian version on Pinterest a few months ago. Just picture me pounding viciously on the keyboard, almost falling out of bed in an effort to save the recipe. Followed by a victory dance. 
Ingredients:
- Veggies (I chose carrots and soycutash)
- Sweet potato
- Vegetable broth (low sodium)
- Tofu
- Brown rice and quinoa noodles
 Recipe:
1. Boil/pan-fry your tofu (I prefer pan-fry)
2. Put your vegetable broth in a pan on low heat 
3. Add your potato, noodles and veggies
4. After about 5 minutes add your tofu and keep over heat for as long as you need 



It's been perfect for my lunch breaks this week. I heat it up, grab my book and eat outside. Not that much reading is getting done when you're lunch-time backdrop is this. 





Vegetarian or not this soup is delicious! If you don't like tofu (seriously, have you even tried it?) give the recipe a try with chicken instead. So much better than Campbell's!
As always you can follow me on Insta (here)
Bloglovin - here
Twitter - here
Tumblr - here 
Pinterest - here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...