Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Old Lady Halloween

Do you have a friend that's a ying to your yang? One who, when you come home tipsy and yelling that you have to have cupcake right that second, calmly puts away the shoes you threw in the room so you can enjoy your sweets in peace? Don't lie to me! I know you do. Well, mine is Watson. That's not her real name. It's what I've called her for the past four years since she is the Watson to my Sherlock. Nothing can describe our friendship better than our planning for Halloween. We went back and forth for weeks of where we should go, what we should do, who we should be, until it ended in a text argument over who got to be Wednesday Adams :
"YOU DON'T HAVE THE HAIR!"
"YOU DON'T HAVE THE HAIR EITHER! I'm only going out because I love you" 
"Thank God! Sushi and Halloween movie night?" 
"YES!"











So there you have it. My first Halloween in the city will not be spent surrounded by drunken football players, Dracula and sexy nurses (don't even get me started on that one) but with my slightly calmer, even tempered other half, most likely solving crimes (like why two-buck-chuck stoppers are so difficult), eating sushi and quoting every second of hocus pocus (and singing along, obviously). Besides, I had a pretty great costume last year and there's no way I could top it this year. 


If anyone has any Halloween movie or treat suggestions, let me know! I've already requested Hocus Pocus and Beetlejuice. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...