Tuesday, November 4, 2014

A Piece of Fall in a Bowl

You know those amazing cooks who make soup from scratch? Yeah, that's me. I'm a Campbell's Soup girl through-and-through. Campbell's tomato soup with rice and saltines is one of my weaknesses. Over this summer, when I started shopping at Trader Joes I discovered their soup. Butternut squash, tomato basil, carrot ginger, pumpkin. You know the emoji with the hearts for eyes? That was me. I refused to buy them until it was cold enough, however. Well guess what? It's cold enough. A silver lining, eh? I grabbed the butternut squash and wasn't a fan of it plain so I started experimenting and let me tell you, it is a delicious bowl of fall. I will warn you though, this is the ugliest food pictures I have ever taken but as the witch in Beauty and the Beast said, don't be deceived by appearances. 

Here's what you need for one serving:
- 1 cup butternut squash soup
- 1/2 sweet potato
- Carrots





- 1 cup butternut squash soup
- 1/2 cup soycutash



It's great if you have a crazy busy, work-late week. You can make it, put it in some tupperware, pop it in the fridge and then just heat it up when you come home starving. 




Give it a try and let me know what you think. Better yet, let me know if you have any easy, quick-to-make fall soup recipes I should try.

As always you can follow me on Insta (here)
Bloglovin - here
Twitter - here
Tumblr - here 
Pinterest - here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...