Sunday, January 18, 2015

The Imitation Game

After a week that just seemed to drag endlessly on, it would be an understatement to say I was excited for the weekend. I didn't have any set plans other than sleeping in and laundry so I decided to take myself on a date to the movies. 


The movies nominated for Academy Awards this year look super interesting, so I decided to go and see The Imitation Game (not to mention the fact that I'm a huge Cumberbatch fan). The movie is about the life of Alan Turing, a mathematician who, along with a team of cryptographers, helped crack the enigma code during World War II. 

I didn't know much about Turin going into the movie which isn't surprising since the work he did for the government was kept a secret for over 50 years. However, the cracking of this code was instrumental in the quickening the victory for the allies in World War II. 


I highly recommend the movie to anyone and everyone. It's brilliantly made, the acting is incredible (Cumberbatch never disappoints) and the story is exceedingly interesting. I came home and bought the book to read up more on it. If you're not into movies or history, at least go see it for all the beautiful British and Irish men. Hello Benny, Matthew Goode and Allan Leech!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...