Monday, March 16, 2015

Coq d'Or

Finally the dreaded day came when Allie had to leave. With big hugs we held back the tears as we said goodbye in favor of promises of adventure and plans to see each other in a few months (she has to come home in a few months for her visa - a hassle for her but really exciting for me!). 
I ran off to a fancy work event until late at night then headed over to Union Station to start a new adventure with my favorite partner in crime.
She spent the next day wandering while I had an extremely stressful day at work. After skulking out of the office in a foul mood, there was only one real place to go - a bar with good, strong drinks. 

This was my first time in the Drake Hotel and I wish I could say I didn't wander around with my chin on my chest but in my always elegant fashion, I did. 


Coq d'Or  opened in the '30s after the repeal of prohibition and makes you feel like you've been transported back in time. The drinks are good and it's a great place to people watch. 







There's nothing some girl talk and a strong whiskey can't fix. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...