Monday, March 9, 2015

Meet My New Roommate

Remember when I made the statement that I was going to start back up bloging consistently? Well, February sort of exploded and I had no time for blogging. I had a visitor every month which ended in a huge life change. I'm sitting at my table now blogging everything that happened so as not to leave anything out.
However, I'm going to start with the end. It all happened over the creating of fresh guac . . .


I've been wanting to adopt a dog since this summer. I wanted a little white fluff ball that I could pal around with but with switching jobs, changing apartments and all the craziness that happened in the fall, it never happened. 
I decided this spring I was going to take the plunge and finally adopt. Instead of a a little fluff ball, I decided I wanted a wandering buddy. So, when I heard that PAWS had a huge liter of lab puppies in and after a long conversation with my dad over guac - I decided to check them out.  

And . . . 

Meet Lupin! 

He's a 5 month old, husky/lab mix.  





He loves the snow, is potty trained and, just like me, has an extreme love of peanut butter.  










I've had him for about a week now and was a nervous wreck the first few days. I was calling my mom constantly freaking out over something he did thinking I was making a mistake that would ruin him for life ("he won't chase the tennis ball, he only chews it. Does this mean he's never going to learn to play?!"). I've finally eased up a bit now that he' settling in. His separation anxiety has lessened dramatically (his howl when I would leave is the most heart-wrenching thing I've ever heard) and he's house broken. Surprisingly, he was house broken from the start which was a huge relief. The major thing we're working on his fear of people and of being outside - so if anyone out there has any tips, I would love to hear them. He came from a farm so the city and all it's noises are terrifying to him. Honestly, I can't wait for the day we can go running, wandering and take trips to the dog park. For now, we're taking each day as it comes and I'm just happy we can finally get a full nights sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...