Monday, April 6, 2015

St. Patrick's Day

This year was my first St. Patrick's Day in Chicago. Last year, I came the Sunday after and saw the river but this year I wanted to see the full celebrations. 



I followed the large pack of green people downtown, over the river and over to Grant Park.  




Watson and I got there a few minutes before the parade started and were immediately engulfed in a sea of youths. 


In true millennial fashion, no one cared about the parade, just what snaps they could get. 



After about 10 minutes, our faces were stuck like this and we left for a strong drink and our favorite food.





The sushi was nothing special so I won't bother linking to the website but the drink was fabulous. Citrus liqueur, Malibu and club soda on the rocks. The perfect light drink with lots of flavor. 



Not your typical St. Paddy's day but hey, there was plenty of green wasabi so that's true to the celebratory spirit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...